Experiencing more backup snapshots than expected ?
When backup up VM’s, you set the amount of snapshots to keep.
Sometimes this amount can be way off, below is some of the frequent reasons why.
- Changed hypervisor:
- When changing/migrating hypervisor the VM ID changes, and veeam is using this ID to identify the VM. So if a migration has been done, the ID will change and the vm will be seen as new.
- New job with VM:
- When creating a new job with the same VM, it can be seen as a different VM.
- Other changes in your infrastructure.
- Go to your veeam backup and replication console
- Go to HOME
- Extend Backups
- Click Cloud
- Now you will see the current data on cloud.
Read more about what our services can do for you